Each of your feet have 25 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 tendons, muscles and ligaments. It is no wonder a lot of things can go wrong. Below are reasons to visit Dr. McCool.
- The hurt limb or joint looks odd, is a strange shape or is out of its normal position.
- The skin over the site of the injury is broken.
- You have signs of nerve or blood vessel damage.
- You cannot put weight on or straighten the hurt limb, or a joint wobbles or feels unstable.
- You have severe pain.
- You have a lot of swelling within 30 minutes of the injury.
- Signs of infection.